See Text Version of Website

HOME | PODCAST | INTRODUCTION | LINKS | RSS FEEDS | EMAIL ME


Comments for Dumbass Podcast 8: Ancient Aliens Part 4

http:www.mole21.com??????miumiurr1358????? ????2way?????????miumjp7297.html

International Rumor women Defined as An Absolute Must In today's times
posted by 2WAY at Tuesday, 9 September 2014 14:28:33 EST 2:28pm

I KNEW IT

This is Dumbass Planet and I am a SUPERHUMAN with abilities that you all are INFERIOR TO. So, I demand to get morphed back to my regular planet where everyone is not such a scaredy cat due to ME. What are they afraid of me telling them what they are going TO DIE OF AND WHEN!
posted by NON COWARD at Friday, 22 March 2013 12:04:07 EST 12:04am

Re: Construction

Hey Line Jockey, thanks for writing in!

You're absolutely right, the Bent Pyramid is a great example to use against the Ancient Alien theory. There's a claim that the pyramids just mysteriously came into being without any predecessors. When people mention that claim is when I usually talk about things like mastabas and the bent pyramid.

I think I may have mentioned that argument when I went on Stuart Robbins' "Exposing Pseudo Astronomy" podcast.

But this certainly is also a good argument in general, because if we accept that aliens must have been involved because the pyramid building required a high level of technology and know-how, then it seems very strange that they started off in such a half-assed fashion making all these mistakes.

You're right, that argument would have worked well in the episode. But I don't want to go on for way too long, so I have to pick and choose the arguments that I think work best against the claims being made.

Thanks for pointing that out to me, I'll try to use it as a general argument at some point in the future.
posted by Dumbass at Sunday, 25 March 2012 16:53:27 EST 4:53pm

Construction

Hi. I am new to your podcast, having just discovered you. I love the irreverent take you have on these topics. However, you missed a great piece of evidence regarding alien construction of the pyramids.
There is the incomplete pyramid, which collapsed halfway through construction, the bent pyramid, which had to be altered partway through, and then the Red pyramid, the first true, complete pyramid.
AA theorists say that aliens must have helped build the pyramids. I ask, if they came across light years of space to help, would it really take 3 tries to build a pile of rocks? I think not
posted by Line Jockey at Saturday, 24 March 2012 14:12:02 EST 2:12pm

untitled

As a disclaimer, I want to say that my personal belief is that our ancestors probably did have some advanced technology that we don't know they had. Jumping to aliens is a stretch but is still possible. I, along with everyone, just don't know, just making assumptions and leaps with everyone else.

Obviously there is little proof of either ancient tech or lack of ancient tech, so we are debating over feelings and hunches…which is not going to provide a definitive answer, but I enjoy the debate none the less.

Many of your debunking statements deal with the how loosely someone interpreted ancient texts. I think you underestimate the evolution of language over time. In ancient texts, different words are changed and interpreted differently over time (such as how the fruit of adam and eve has become apple over time, this is not entirely accurate, the oldest version I know of just said 'red fruit' and apple was the word for red. So over time it became apple).

History is written by the winners of wars...it doesn’t seem like too much of a stretch to think that some overzealous king or emperor won a war, got his hands on an ancient text and edited it to fit his needs.

That idea coupled with the idea that When we see something that we have never seen before, We don’t have the language to describe it, So we use metaphors to explain it. It’s the same point ancient astronaut theorists make about angels in the bible. All the wings really are just the ancient layman’s way to say these people fly. The only thing they know that flies is birds, which have wings...so they add wings to the people as a kind of metaphorical image. When in reality, maybe they had flying ships? Who is to say?

I personally feel that we should make broad interpretations of these texts. Who knows what they said originally.

I feel that your point on the magic carpet is kind of closed minded...You are taking these ancient description too literally. There is really no way to know what the writers of these ancient texts meant. Try to be open minded. Is it not possible that flying carpet could have been a description by a person who does not have the words to explain what he saw? The Birds that shield from the sun, could be just how a layman of that time describes something (force field?) he saw but does not have the words to explain.

As far as the Antarctica maps, Why couldn’t it just be an ancient civilization that lived some 10,000+ years ago when that land mass was not covered in ice? Any metals or advanced technologies (that do not use gold) from that long ago would be long gone...nothing would be left.

Your idea to simply discredit the Antarctica on ancient maps for the simple reason that people always thought there was a land mass there to balance the earth, so it must be phooey? What if Ptolemy got that info from his grandparents, who got it from theirs and so on and so forth...We can't know for sure that it wasn’t based on some actual knowledge. No way to prove it was just an ancient map makers guess. It seems like a pretty large coincidence…the old map and the actual land mass are very similar.

The bird makes the point that they understood aerodynamics, the wooden bird-plane may have been a child’s toy, but the gold figures would not be a toy as it is too heavy to fly. Plus letting a toddler hurl gold across the room can be a dangerous undertaking.
But the Upright tail is curious. As far as we know, no bird has an upright tail. And who is to say there wasn't a two finned shark?
Yes, it is a leap to say anything more than it is a toy, but isn't the fact that they had an aerodynamic child’s toy make you think that a full sized glider was at least possible?

I look forward to your response.

Cheers,
Chris
posted by Chris at Tuesday, 4 October 2011 15:32:41 EST 3:32pm

Re: Untitled

Hey Chris!

I had thought that you'd abandoned the discussion, I'm very glad to see that you're still around!

I would love to have a look at The Pyramid Code sometime and analyze their claims. That will have to be something for future consideration, but it sounds absolutely fascinating.

If you'd like, you can go into more detail here about how you think I'm being a little too hard on the Ancient Aliens show, and I promise to respond in my next episode.
posted by Dumbass at Saturday, 1 October 2011 14:42:38 EST 2:42pm

untitled

Your right, my previous message has no set focus...Just ramblings...but to comment on your response about the name I posted under. I am not afraid to call myself skeptic; In fact I am proud of it. To me it just means critical thinker. I like the movement and I believe that it could help society to get past this glorified ignorance type of attitude that has become so widespread in the past years.
I'm not too worried how others perceive it.

Onto the Ancient Alien Topic...
What are your opinions on the idea that the pyramids had a function other then a tomb. I think this video makes a fairly logical argument (at least the bits about how the pyramids could have possibly had a function, I am not a fan of the conspiracy to hide ancient knowledge that they touch on)

Obviously the technologies required are not known to us today, but in my eyes, this does not mean they do not exist. I think the main logical fallacy that most people fall victim too when dealing with archeological issues is that “they are ancient, long been dead, we are smart and they were dumb(er), it is not possible they knew something we didn’t”

I’d like to see what you think…

The Pyramid Code - Episode 2
http://www.hulu.com/watch/215033/the-pyramid-code-high-level-technology#s-p1-so-i0

-Chris
posted by Chris (Skeptic) at Wednesday, 28 September 2011 14:34:50 EST 2:34pm

Re: Margaret Sanger

Well, from what I've read, I think her belief in eugenics would have to be an extremely watered down form. She believed in helping people such as black people to improve their race, but I don't think there was much more to it than that. For example, some quotes that she *actually* said include:

"A sickly race is a weak race. As long as Negro mothers die in childbirth at two and one-half times the rate of white mothers, as long as Negro babies are dying at twice the rate of white babies, colored homes will be unhappy. "

"A free race cannot be born to slave mothers. A woman cannot choose but give a measure of that bondage to her sons and daughters. "

"What hangs over the South is that the Negro has been in servitude. The white southerner is slow to forget this. His attitude is the archaic in this age. Supremacist thinking belongs in the museum. "


There's also an interesting quote from her on the very subject of Eugenics:

"Eugenists imply or insist that a woman's first duty is to the state; we contend that her duty to herself is her first duty to the state. We maintain that a woman possessing an adequate knowledge of her reproductive functions is the best judge of the time and conditions under which her child should be brought into the world. We further maintain that it is her right, regardless of all other considerations, to determine whether she shall bear children or not, and how many children she shall bear if she chooses to become a mother. "


And there's also one actual quote that I found which is so disingenuously taken out of context that it's pretty disgusting:

"We do not want word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population."

In context of what she was saying, the reason she did not want that word to get out is because it's untrue. She was complaining about just what we're talking about here, the fact that people were trying to paint her as a racist.

posted by Dumbass at Wednesday, 21 September 2011 06:23:35 EST 6:23am

Re: Re: Margaret Sanger

So apparently there are tons of sites that disagree on some of these statements' veracity. I'm not sure if she really said it or not. Even the most Sanger-friendly websites admit that she was a eugenicist, but often write it off via a quite convenient cultural relativism. But my understanding of both passive eugenics (planned parenthood and the calif. forced sterilization act of 1907) and active eugenics (I.e. Germany circa 1939) are by their very nature racist practices. They target minorities. It's simple democracy- two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. You can't convince the majority that their genes are deficient and that they need to end their bloodlines to make way for the minority offspring. Just wouldn't work.

I really need to find some primary sources. I'd really like to know. I would hate to defame someone based on a lie.
posted by Ghostofrecon at Tuesday, 20 September 2011 12:48:05 EST 12:48am

Re: Margaret Sanger

Hey Ghostofrecon, I had no idea that there were false quotes floating out there by Margaret Sanger. That's probably part of the argument The Preacher wanted to make. It's very interesting that there's more fake substance to this claim than I'd thought.
posted by Dumbass at Tuesday, 20 September 2011 06:30:51 EST 6:30am

Lube

And yes it's important to have plenty of lubrication to pull your giant statue.

posted by Ghostofrecon at Tuesday, 20 September 2011 03:22:02 EST 3:22am

Margaret sanger

I've been had! I intended to write this post about margaret sanger's racist quotes as a precursor to implicit racism in planned parenthood (or The American Eugenics League as it was called at it's founding). But, as i opened a new window to quickly reference a specific quote which I had in mind, I decided to look for the most reputable source that I could find. I had trouble until I found a site that include misattributed quotes. It was there that I found all of the quotes which I has wanted to reference.

Wow. I'm glad I found that before I posted it....
posted by Ghostofrecon at Tuesday, 20 September 2011 03:18:14 EST 3:18am

Re: Large Block Pyramids

You're absolutely right Gary, that's another great angle on this issue. If the aliens did visit us, why would they care about building things with huge, heavy stones? Even with advanced technology, it would still be much more efficient to use more modest construction materials.

I know that if I were in charge of an expedition to another planet, none of my goals would involve finding a bunch of giant stones to pile together.
posted by Dumbass at Monday, 19 September 2011 06:26:13 EST 6:26am

Large Block Pyramids

Hi. Love the podcast. Why would the ancient Egyptians use gigantic stones? I'm Jewish so by tradition I am allowed to answer a question with another question. Why would the aliens use such gigantic stones?

Gary Shavit
Netanya, Israel
posted by Gary Shavit at Monday, 19 September 2011 00:50:57 EST 12:50am

Your Comment

Username
Title
Comment
:clap: :doh: :hand: :pray: :think: :wall: :D :-/ :cool: :cry: :o :evil: :mad: :| :red: :roll: :( :)
Solve the following simple math problem:





Answer:

Search


Categories:
Latest Comments:
On 6/20/2017
at 5:35am
John Ahmed wrote:

We are Russell Financial Company Ltd located in America and other Europe countries, we offers both personal and investment...
(more)

On 6/5/2017
at 11:57pm
Bernie wrote:

This site is crazy :) <a href" http://www.icptf.com/index.php?optionmotrinbabydosagechartliquid.pdf ">motrin liquid gels coupon oise</a> The U.S. government was bracing for...
(more)

On 6/5/2017
at 1:57pm
Julian wrote:

Very interesting tale <a href" http://empatiacomunicacion.com/methotrexateinjectionsites.pdf ">methotrexate injections for ra</a> Ana Navarro, a GOP strategist, thankfully decided that she'd...
(more)

On 6/4/2017
at 5:20pm
Wilmer wrote:

I sing in a choir <a href" http://vallashopen.se/crocindropsbuyonline.pdf ">cost of crocin advance</a> Falcone admitted wrongdoing and agreed to pay...
(more)

On 6/4/2017
at 2:57pm
Darryl wrote:

How many weeks' holiday a year are there? <a href" https://www.citis.com.br/clomidtabletsingredientsmp3.pptxgrowing ">buy cheap clomid uk jsaonline</a> Of late, multiple...
(more)


Blog Entries: